Does anyone know if Jason Sterner kept his exemption for next year? I know he was on the bubble going into last week. Hopefully he did.

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

he didnt keep it. the cut was 36 i believe and he finished 37th
Yes he made it in. He caught a break because Pete Weber deferred his exemption next year due to injury so it allowed the cut number to drop one spot to 37 which was Jason. Had either Richard Wolfe or Amletto Monicelli won he would have not made it. So he is in for atleast another year. Congratulations. who knows maybe he can bring a rookie of the year award home if he gets voted.
I do not believe he kept the exemption.....he had up to the point where 3 bowlers withdrew from the last round of the US Open.the last being PDW-- Mike Edwards then replaced Pete and was awarded (due to his final position) enough points to go around Jason, thereby bumping Jason...bad break for Jason-but he`ll be back......
So, who is right? Where can I find this information, or has anyone talked to him?
I talked to everyone I know who bowls the tour and they said he got in. Mike Edwards got in because he jumped 3 people in points, he didnt get the spot that PDW gave up. The number was 36 because Belmonte won a title and was out of the cut. Jason finished 37th PDW defers so his spot goes to the first person out of the number, which is Jason. I will call some who i know will know for sure today to find out and let you know.
I heard the PBA is going to take care of the situation .......allowing Jason to keep the exemption...
I just talked to his room mate Derek. He said Jason was coming home tomorrow and fill everyone in. Derek told me jason tried to describe it over the phone but it was complicated.
About a month ago the PBA announced the new World Series of Bowling in the fall with the whole first half of the season taking place in Detroit, Mich. You say you haven't heard about it? Here's the latest release confirming the final details of the extravaganza (you can also find the schedule at the newly-created site www.pbaworldseriesofbowling.com).
-- Larger exempt Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour fields of 72, including three exemptions for international players and one "golden parachute" exemption to a player who lost his/her exemption in the past.

(copied from another site)
I don't think Weber gave up his spot for next year. Weber withdrew from matchplay in the US Open. When someone withdraws the next highest finisher that is still there goes in for the person who withdrew. Mike Edwards who was still there working as a statistician got to go in to matchplay in Webers spot. Even though he finished 36th or so, he was the highest finisher still in the building. This moved Edwards from the 36th where he originally finished in the open up into the top 24 which gave him enough points to jump up 2 spots in the points and knock Sterner out of the last exempt spot. From what i have read though the PBA is gonna take a spot away from tour trials and give it to Sterner because of how the situation went down. I don't know 100% if this is correct but it's what i have gathered from reading other message boards.
I talked to Vanderhoef and thats what he said was gonna happen. Sounds like Sterner is gonna catch a break.
Wassup Theo, I posted the article on pba.com about Jason on the blog post....
Jason Sterner’s petition to be awarded an exemption on the 2009-10 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour has been granted by Commissioner Fred Schreyer.

The basis for Sterner’s petition was the extremely unusual circumstances that arose during the round robin match play portion of last week’s season ending 66th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open.

During round robin match play, which featured 24 bowlers after 27 games of qualifying, three players withdrew due to injury. PBA Rule 20.3.5 (Replacing the Alternate) requires that the highest finishing non-qualifier “present in the host center” be offered the opportunity to replace a player who withdraws during round robin match play.

In applying that rule, Mike Edwards, who had finished 36th and was 12 places out of the cut when round robin match play began, replaced Pete Weber who withdrew shortly prior to the start of the final eight game block on Saturday evening. At the time Edwards replaced Weber he was in 37th place on the PBA season points list, one place behind Sterner. This order would have resulted in Sterner being the last player off the 2008-09 PBA point list to retain his exemption for 2009-10 and Edwards to be first man out. By bowling as an alternate, however, Edwards earned enough additional points pursuant to PBA Rule 20.3.6 (Assigning Points for the Alternate) to pass Sterner on the point list and bump him from the final exempt spot for 2009-10.

“The intent of the rules in question is to protect the integrity of the competition, not to affect the order of players on the point list, said Commissioner Schreyer. “An unintended consequence of Rule 20.3.6 was to allow one player to bump another player from the exempt protected list after both players had concluded their participation in our season ending event.

“To deny Jason Sterner a season long exemption for 2009-10 under such circumstances would have been a punitive result. At the same time, under our existing rules Mike Edwards did earn additional points through his participation as an alternate to move up to 36th place on the point list and gain an exemption for the 2009-10 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour season. Accordingly, both Edwards and Sterner will be awarded an exemption for the 2009-10 season.”

The decision to award the extra exemption from the point list means one less spot will be available in the weekly Tournament Qualifying Round in exempt field events during the 2009-10 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour season.

“We will carefully review Rule 20.3.6 during the off-season and make whatever changes are deemed necessary to prevent such a situation from arising again,” added Schreyer

This is straight from the PBA website. So Flash is in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

David M Barber commented on Theo McNair's group Seniors (better with age)
"Anybody know when 2016 schedule is coming out..from NC & alittle far to travel, looking for senior tours, so may have to travel more thanks"
Jan 3, 2016
Glen Cogni is now a member of RealBowlers
Dec 11, 2015
Paul Summons posted photos
Dec 11, 2015
Gerard Almarales updated their profile
Nov 20, 2015
Paul Summons updated their profile
Aug 26, 2015
Paul Summons commented on Valerie Jeffries's photo
Thumbnail

VJ PICTURES 011

"Good afternoon Ms.Valerie hope alls well are you on FB? Look me up " Paul Skippy Summons ' if not shoot me an email skipbowl@yahoo.com"
Aug 25, 2015
Valerie Jeffries left a comment for Valerie Jeffries
"Thanks Paul. I had a great experience!!"
Aug 17, 2015
Valerie Jeffries left a comment for Paul Summons
"Hi Paul !"
Aug 17, 2015
Paul Summons left a comment for Valerie Jeffries
"Nice meeting you this weekend Ms.Valerie and great bowling"
Aug 17, 2015
Paul Michael Matye is attending Theo McNair's event
Thumbnail

$5000 Eric DeFreitas Scratch Singles Classic sponsored by Boom Apparel at Junction Lanes Bowling Center

August 16, 2015 from 8am to 9pm
 Tournament Formata)     The field is open to the first 160 bowlers.  These bowlers will bowl a six game block moving to the second pair to…See More
Aug 14, 2015
James Cooper Jr. is attending Theo McNair's event

Roto Grip 4 Game Sweeper $500 at Junction Lanes Bowling Center

August 15, 2015 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Scratch Singles Event  $500 1st Place Total score for 4 games wins! 1:5 Payout Ratio HOUSE SHOT $50 Entry FeeSee More
Aug 14, 2015
Theo McNair updated an event
Thumbnail

$5000 Eric DeFreitas Scratch Singles Classic sponsored by Boom Apparel at Junction Lanes Bowling Center

August 16, 2015 from 8am to 9pm
 Tournament Formata)     The field is open to the first 160 bowlers.  These bowlers will bowl a six game block moving to the second pair to…See More
Aug 13, 2015

RB Bowling League News

RealBowlers Tour

Create Your Badge

LEAGUE STANDING SHEETS

RealBowlers League Sheets

RealMoney Mixed 2010-11 Final Standings!!

FINALrlbw1011-X.pdf

Updated 5/16/2011

thursrealmoneymixed-wk35FINAL.pdf
Updated 5/24/10
wedtrio09- Final Standings.pdf Updated 8/21/09
ThursMoney09-Final Standings.pdf
UPDATED 5/25/09

Music

© 2024   Created by Theo McNair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service