With 2008 coming to a end, i know many of us begin thinking about what we plan on doing differently in the new year. Some of us want to lose weight, eat better, save more money, travel to new places, be more productive on our jobs or businesses, focus more on family, get more involved in your community, join a group or organization, or maybe have a better relationship with God. All of these are great goals or ambitions to jump start the new year. What about bowling? Do you have any new goals for the new year with your bowling? Maybe get lessons, win a tournament , improve your average or maybe mentor a youth bowler. Lets hear your 2009 resolutions, share your bowling goal for 2009. I'm curious.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My bowling resolutions for 2009 is to work more with the youth, they are our realbowlers members and tournament bowlers. Also to make the RPI team and get a chance in reno to get exempt for the 2010 2011 season. And most of all win a realbowlers title
In 2009 I intend on doing more traveliong. Not just with bowling but take atleast 3 cruises. I plan to bowl events I've never bowled or used to bowl in a while back. I also will dedicate more time to practicing and sharing the knowledge with others about bowling and life experiences. I plan to live today as if I were to die tomorrow and how I'd like to be rememmbered! Here's to everybody who want to be a better bowler in 2009.
I am making a commitment to respect the game more. I use to practice religiously, but I haven't practiced in 10 years. Regain some consistency and strive to be the best I can be at this sport. That also includes getting new equipment. (Bye Bye Rhinos). New bags and shoes too. I wont jump into tournaments until I am actually competitive again, but by the end of the leagues I will start bowling in scratch and handicap tournaments. Hmm... who knows I could actually become a scratch bowler again... I dont have a clue what balls I should choose... any suggestion...
to stop "donating" and actually make a cut...---hmmm, some practice may be in order
My resolution is - "I'm baaaack!" My knee is finally feeling like I can compete again and I'm that close to ready...
My resolution is to help as many bowlers as I can become better players. I am back in the pro shop/teaching business and ready for 2009.
Resolutions..... I think a first for everyone should be to make more money than the previous year. Personally I want a couple titles from the RBT. Regional bowling is really not woth doing any more since they dont give exempt spots anymore and the only way to make money is to bowl every stop and finish in the top 8 everytime. I want to make a point to practice more this year to keep my game at a level that i can compete at all year. I would also like to get back into coaching juniors again. I used to several years ago but got stopped by a few different things, work, family, sleep.
Besides the usual of working on my game and my goals, I would like to meet people and work with the youth programs. It is driving me nuts not being able to give back to the game that I love soooo much!!
Well Tim, god topic.....The losing weight,eating better being a better husband, father,son, friend,uncle, not that Im not right now but those are some of my relotuions....Now lets get to the bowling. I've been working on my game seriously now for a year. I've being getting good advice and bad advice from people. This year I'm narrowing it down to 2 that have helped me tremendously,(EZ, and DC) much respect for those 2 and thank you. My goal is to be top 5 in the realbowler tournaments, and even win 1 or 2 tournaments. Also I want to be representing my country Panama again in tournaments around the World. I stopped bowling for about5 years, and when I picked it up again in 2006 my avg was 205, Iv'e work very hard 2007-208, got serious about it and now averaging 218. This year I want to average 218-225 in house that I bowl in. And to finish, I want to compete in the Panama Invitational Tournament, this tournament is for PBA, and non PBA members, I'ts held every year around September,October. I'm planning to take a couple of guys from ATL, Hopefully GREG B, And some others would make this trip with me to bowl in this Beautiful Country I call home (PANAMA,CITY,PANAMA).........Cambio y fuera.....
My bowling resolutions are:
1. Average 210+ and bowl in a few more tournaments
2. Promote the RBT and RealBowlers more than I ever have
3. Get 100 Bowlers to an RealBowlers Tour tournament

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

David M Barber commented on Theo McNair's group Seniors (better with age)
"Anybody know when 2016 schedule is coming out..from NC & alittle far to travel, looking for senior tours, so may have to travel more thanks"
Jan 3, 2016
Glen Cogni is now a member of RealBowlers
Dec 11, 2015
Paul Summons posted photos
Dec 11, 2015
Gerard Almarales updated their profile
Nov 20, 2015
Paul Summons updated their profile
Aug 26, 2015
Paul Summons commented on Valerie Jeffries's photo
Thumbnail

VJ PICTURES 011

"Good afternoon Ms.Valerie hope alls well are you on FB? Look me up " Paul Skippy Summons ' if not shoot me an email skipbowl@yahoo.com"
Aug 25, 2015
Valerie Jeffries left a comment for Valerie Jeffries
"Thanks Paul. I had a great experience!!"
Aug 17, 2015
Valerie Jeffries left a comment for Paul Summons
"Hi Paul !"
Aug 17, 2015
Paul Summons left a comment for Valerie Jeffries
"Nice meeting you this weekend Ms.Valerie and great bowling"
Aug 17, 2015
Paul Michael Matye is attending Theo McNair's event
Thumbnail

$5000 Eric DeFreitas Scratch Singles Classic sponsored by Boom Apparel at Junction Lanes Bowling Center

August 16, 2015 from 8am to 9pm
 Tournament Formata)     The field is open to the first 160 bowlers.  These bowlers will bowl a six game block moving to the second pair to…See More
Aug 14, 2015
James Cooper Jr. is attending Theo McNair's event

Roto Grip 4 Game Sweeper $500 at Junction Lanes Bowling Center

August 15, 2015 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Scratch Singles Event  $500 1st Place Total score for 4 games wins! 1:5 Payout Ratio HOUSE SHOT $50 Entry FeeSee More
Aug 14, 2015
Theo McNair updated an event
Thumbnail

$5000 Eric DeFreitas Scratch Singles Classic sponsored by Boom Apparel at Junction Lanes Bowling Center

August 16, 2015 from 8am to 9pm
 Tournament Formata)     The field is open to the first 160 bowlers.  These bowlers will bowl a six game block moving to the second pair to…See More
Aug 13, 2015

RB Bowling League News

RealBowlers Tour

Create Your Badge

LEAGUE STANDING SHEETS

RealBowlers League Sheets

RealMoney Mixed 2010-11 Final Standings!!

FINALrlbw1011-X.pdf

Updated 5/16/2011

thursrealmoneymixed-wk35FINAL.pdf
Updated 5/24/10
wedtrio09- Final Standings.pdf Updated 8/21/09
ThursMoney09-Final Standings.pdf
UPDATED 5/25/09

Music

© 2024   Created by Theo McNair.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service